Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, BOYS!

Some of you may be grateful that Clay and I found something ELSE to do this past February besides procreate. All three of my boys' birthdays are a week apart and it was Peter's turn for a party this year. Four BIG years old! We went down to the rec. center and had some good times in the "Splash Zone"...complete with lots of friends and a big Costco cake.
This Sunday we went to grandma's house and enjoyed another birthday bash for all the boys, complete with cousins, more presents, and more cake...
I have to explain the "big"cupcake for Nate. I forgot to give him the traditional birthday cake mess for his first birthday, so improvised for his second birthday. He would have nothing to do with the mess, but slowly dug into the cake and was irate every time dad (or mom or grandma) would steal a piece of it.


I was so proud of my creapy skull cupcakes! I'm trying my best to follow in Peggy's footsteps. She would always make elaborate cakes for Clay when he was growing up, including a large-breasted woman cake during the teen-years. (I've really got to find a picture of that one!)
So, happy birthday to the boys in my life...I would have WAY too much time on my hands and not enough love without you!




3 comments:

Jess said...

You're the best mom EVER! Splash zone, awesome cake + awesome skull cupcakes. Killer.

And, it's kinda cool that you get to knock them all out at once... :)

[Figuratively, you know, not literally]

;)

rosanne said...

It makes for a pretty nutsy October, though!

Unknown said...

Amen sister, thank goodness you let the man off the stud farm. Let him get some projects done now.