Thursday, December 3, 2009

Diapers Done!

After almost NINE years of constant diaper changing, I am DONE. Nate-the-great is in his Diego underpants full-time!

The thought crossed my mind that I might cry. Because, honestly, it's the end of an era. My baby isn't a baby anymore. He can get dressed himself (if he wants). He can wipe is own butt (if I let him). He can punch his brother hard enough to cause tears (when he thinks he can get away with it). And he knows how to use the word "actually" in full-coherent sentences. He won't even take a nap, (he gave those up a year and a half ago!)

So, I think I need to have a good cry. I loved my babies. Now they're all gone. They just aren't as cute now when they say "No" to me.

There are a lot of things to look forward to. I sure love those stinkin' kids!

8 comments:

Nanette said...

Wait, you guys are done having kids?? :)

rosanne said...

I don't know that the world could handle another Watson in it!:)

Bonnie said...

Not true! I vote for another Watson baby!

stef said...

Yahoo!!! No more diapers....it is exhilarating, but I know what you mean about saying goodbye to the babies. And I am with Bonnie...another Watson would be AWESOME!!!

Jill Taylor said...

I'm sure I'll feel the same way when all my kids are out of diapers too, but I have been shouting hallelujah ever since Andie was potty trained. No more diapers for me, at least for a year and a half or so. Did I tell you there is a girl in my ward that reminds me so much of you? She is very tall and skinny with brown hair, and pretty much likes doing all the things you do. It makes me feel like I took a little bit of the 9th ward with me. But, still, I miss you all!

Teresa said...

Yea! Congratulations! I've been dreading the out of diapers stage but for very different reasons. I'm not ready to BEGIN the potty-training stage and have procrastinated it way too long. He'll be 10 if I keep this up - after my morning sickness, after this YW activity, after this and that and then he gets sick but my last is after Christmas. Then I really won't have any more excuses! At least not good ones. I always feel sad too when the kids move on to another stage of life and you know those moments are gone-good and bad. It goes too fast! Except Braeden's 3 year old attitude is not going by fast enough!!!

Kristi said...

Love the Video! Love that kids can say "I Farted" and it is cute but adults can't.

Susan said...

Bahahahaha! Oh Nate... That just made my day! Andrew and I need to come visit you again!