Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chick-fil-ugh

As many of you know, Clay is in Liberia. So, since I banned all cooking while he's gone, tonight we went down to Sandy to Chick-fil-a. I had a hankering for a chicken sandwich and a little time in the car with all the kids strapped in their seat belts sounded like a good idea.



Little did I know that Wednesdays are "family night" and so all of the south valley was there with their families to get the free kids meals. (For future reference, it's one free kids meal per value meal.) It was quite the spectical, though. Not only did they get their kids meals, but they also got ice cream cones, played in the play room, and then got balloons as we went out the door. There was also a lady in charge of a "craft table". Crazy. There was also a guy handing out mints all night (Lucy's favorite), and not to forget...the cow was there in all his glory to give the kids high-fives. Gross. I wouldn't give that nasty dirty cow a high five for anything, but Nate and Pete were all over him! And I guess the germs from the cow's hands are probably nothing compared to the fact that Peter's ice-cream cone fell on the floor and he didn't think twice when he picked it up and kept on licking....and then there was Will who was licking the glass on the inside of the play place...N-A-S-T-Y. My children are nasty!

So, for future reference, "family night" at Chick-fil-a is a good time, just bring your anti-bacterial wipes and make sure your kids are on pre-emptive antibiotics. Or, jyou can always go through the drive-thru...ALWAYS a good option!


4 comments:

Teresa said...

What a fun (and disgusting) time! I've been there unknowingly on family night too. So if it makes you feel better, my kids can be gross too. In the bathroom at church, I caught Braeden drinking handfuls of water out of the toilet. Yeah. It can always be worse!

~TeresaL
www.christianandteresa.blogspot.com

Joanie said...

We miss Chick-fil-a so much! When we went to Florida for Spring Break, we ate there 3 times. Of course, it was not family night, there was no cow - none of your bells and whistles...but I did notice a container of antibacterial wipes on the wall nest to the play room!

Jess said...

Too FUNNY! I laughed till I cried. I am glad you are finding ways to survive without Clay.

And I love your shirt. Everyone gave me compliments when I wore it last week.

stef said...

This post made me laugh sooo hard. I love going to disgusting public places!