Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lucy's turned 8!

You only turn eight once in your life, and of course, Lucy wanted to celebrate it at the "Mayan". Over priced food and scantily-clad entertainment...my kind of place!

Lucy had her baptism on the Sunday after her birthday, and was the only one being baptized at the Stake baptism. It was awesome to not have to "share"!


Friends and family were there to support our girl and we were thrilled with her decision to "take the plunge".The water was FREEZING. I guess that's one way to make the experience memorable. Afterwards, grandma and I were helping her get dressed. I asked her how she felt. Her teeth were chattering and her white-skinned body was blue, but she said she felt "SO GOOOOOD!". Uncle Scott gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, and he talked about how the Holy Ghost can be compared to the dove that was seen at Jesus' baptism, specifically how doves can quietly coo to you as they sit on your shoulder, just as the Holy Ghost can speak quietly to your heart, but you have to be still and quiet to hear it. Hopefully, the Holy Ghost won't poop on your head. I guess that's the job of another turkey! (Was that sacrilegious?) Sorry.
What a wonderful day!







5 comments:

Teresa said...

Congratulations Lucy and what a fun birthday!

Bonnie said...

I missed it! I have a hard time remembering (or knowing) the months the children are being baptized since I left Primary.
I LOVE LUCY!! She is one of my very favorites! I am so proud of her!

Lynden and Lyndsay said...

Happy Birthday to Lucy!! I am sorry that I missed the baptism I would have come if I would have known-congrats!! Thanks too for helping teach my class for the last 2 months!!!
Love, Lyndsay (from the ward)

Jake said...

You guys are so awesome. I love your family picture...you all look great! Lucy is great! We haven't experienced the Mayan yet...thanks for the review!

Jake said...

Oh by the way this is Stefanie...not...Jake.