Saturday, June 21, 2008

Provo Triathlon Slog

Here's to all the awesome girls on my the block! I bet ya'll are jealous that there are so many cool girls in my neighborhood to go and do a triathlon together. There were actually five of us piled into my car at 5:00 am to go kill ourselves. (We would have made room for Liz, too!) I have to say, it was fun...except, of course, the open water swim where I was punched, slapped, and molested by my fellow athletes. All I know is that I am grateful for the full wetsuit Clay got me for my birthday so I wouldn't have another massive panic attack like last year at the Jordanelle Tri. It was awesome...I was actually floating instead of swallowing water by the gallon. Now, I hate to rub it in, but I have to, seeing as how I had a bum ankle and I am the oldest girl in our little group BY FAR...I did beat them all and won second place in my age group and I think 4th overall with the women. http://www.provotri.com/ I know, you girls are saying "if only I could be as old and mature as Rosanne"...well, someday you will...and I'm afraid my reign as top dog is going to be extremely short-lived!

The kids were so proud of me and all my gear!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

We do have the coolest neighborhood. You gals definately keep me active, even though I'll never be in your league :) and I am so looking forward to being old and mature...in two years! Rosanne, you really did kick butt. You did awesome...being old and all!!! When you retire, will you be my trainer?

rosanne said...

Yea, just wait until 35...you just start falling apart, I'm tellin' ya! It was so fun though, huh! I'll be your trainer if you be my yoga guru.

Jess said...

Good work with all the butt kicking, Rosanne. Hey, when you both are retired... will you be my trainers? :)

Okay, okay, youngest, but slowest... I guess I shouldn't be heckling.

kennoncrew said...

old lady,
you know we all want to be you! someday i really do hope to have your wisdom--and your stupid 120 heartbeat while you are riding a bike at a million miles an hour for a million hours straight! you rock and we think you are the coolest elderly lady on the street!