Sunday, November 2, 2008

IBEX revisited

Clay decided he needed to get out of town. So, to the west desert we went...
We went to one of his favorite places to climb, Ibex. (Its about a half-hour outside of Delta.) The kids were stoked to be let free to roam and climb all the rocks and play with their trucks and just be...while Clay bouldered around and I read Harry Potter #2 (I know, I am such a looser to finally be reading them NOW!) Clay made sure to pack the kid's climbing shoes and summit the "Cow" boulder...maybe Nate will join them next year.Lucy went up the hard way! After a couple hours of that, we went over to a huge sand dune to spend some quality time getting sand in every orifice possible...Pete was the crazy boy who did lap after lap... I'm just glad the kids didn't follow Clay up this boulder.
What we like to call "sand surfing"!
Then it was on to Crystal Peak, which was this huge white mountain in the middle of all the brown ones. Clay says that the mountain sometimes shimmers if the light is just right. We then went to collect "fossils" at a secret quarry. Pretty cool. Thanks, Dad, for another great adventure! You're the best ever!


4 comments:

Jess said...

Sand surfing! That looks like the best way to get dirty that I've ever seen :)

I am glad you had a good time. Mel and I missed you for City Creek. Thanks for loaning me your jacket!

Julie said...

Great family fun! That looks like just the thing my family would love.

Kristi said...

What a fun adventure.... You all rock....

Teresa said...

That's awesome. That sand dune looks so fun!