Saturday, July 5, 2008

Climbing in Maple Canyon



Another adventure with the Watson's. We went climbing up in Maple Canyon and had a good time with everyone. A big thanks to Bryce and Dallin for belaying my kids, and another thanks to Liz and Corrie for keeping my kids from knocking everyone out by throwing rocks down the canyon! They are becoming quite the little climbers.

I was white knuckled as I tried my first climb in three years, thanks to encouragement and belaying prowess from Liz. It was only a 5-8, but man, I got an arm-pump. It was actually fun, and (don't tell Clay), but I just might try it again before another three years passes! ROCK ON!

Here's Clay climbing on a 5.13 climb...and yes that is a cast boot on his right leg, and no, he wasn't able to flash it, or red-point it, or on-sight it, or whatever it is you climbing nerds call it. Thanks goodness for that, because then he'd REALLY be a freak and he would have to get some climbing sponsors and quit his day job.

2 comments:

Jess said...

That looks awesome Watsons! You guys are too cool.

rosanne said...

Isn't that what Geeks do...try to "look cool"? We're just trying to be like the Chappell's!