Monday, August 18, 2008

Sawtooth Mountain Mania

What a fabulous place to be! We headed up to Idaho and stayed at the Sawtooth Mountains for a few days to "decompress" as Clay said. Well, anyone who has tried to decompress with four little kids around hasn't decompressed. It was fun anyways. Last year Clay went climbing with some friends up there and had a fabulous time, so he thought we would enjoy it too. His plans were squashed when the hikes he wanted to do were closed due to fires. He also wanted to take the kids on a float trip down the Salmon river, but it was closed due to the spawning season. If only we had come last week! He was a little disappointed that none of his plans panned out. So, we paid 40 bucks (rip-off) to have someone drive us across the lake to hike up to another lake, but the kids were whining too much, so we gave up. We hiked 1/2 mile to Lily Pond instead. Lucy lost both her new water shoes in the muddy pond.
But we had a good time chillin' by the lake waiting for the boat to come pick us back up.
The next day, we did some more chillin' by the lake. The kids found a nice log to play with. Clay rented a boat to "raft down the lake".

Will could have stayed all week there by the lake, but the rest of my red-headed children (and husband) were sick of the sunshine and ready to hunker-down in the shade.

We ended up leaving a day or two early. It was beautiful up there, but mother nature and the fishes were conspiring against us. Next time, we'll stay on the lake, make sure there aren't fires and bring a ski boat for me! All the glassy water made me so sad as I watched the skiiers and wakeboarders fly past us. Anyone have a boat I could borrow? I promise to take good care of it!

11 comments:

Jess said...

I haven't been to lagoon in ages! Dan and I have talked about going, but no deal yet. Looks like there are a TON of new rides since I was there last.

Jess said...

Okay... that was the right comment on the wrong post. Oh well, I guess. I am glad you guys managed to have a good trip despite all of your obstacles! The lily pond looks beautiful.

As far as the ski boat goes, I think we should break down and rent one for a day before the weather gets cold!

rosanne said...

Girl, I am so with you on that one!!! Let me know when and where and how much! I think that waterskiing is the FUNNEST thing to do EVER. I think I will have Clay talked into buying a boat before too many years pass by. What better way to have family together-time, right?

I mean, seriously, next weekend? Tomorrow? When???

kennoncrew said...

looks like fun!( i am so impressed with all the blogging) lets all go stay at the lake!

Teresa said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of Nate sleeping on you!

Jill Taylor said...

That lily pond look so cool! Jason would love it. We also just got back from a week long "vacation" in Idaho although we didn't do as much as you unless you count Rigby lake as a lake. Still had a lot of fun with family in Rexburg.

Loved your comments on my blog by-the-way! I actually liked A Knights Tale, that is when I really started liking Heath Ledger also. I was a bit heartbroken myself when he died and still am a bit especially after seeing him as The Joker. He was a fantastic actor.

Bonnie said...

You are the BEST parents! Your kids are going to grow up so healthy with all of the wonderful experiences you give them! I am SO impressed with you as a mother!

Jan said...

I love the lily pond pic! You do realize you have to take me out on your boat when you get it - right????

Suzanne said...

I can not keep up with you and your adventurous lifestyle. Slacklining in your front yard, (I'm boring, I've never thought to do that), going on "The Rocket", (I'm way too scared and will never do that), and then taking four kids to explore Sawtooth mountain. (That takes to much energy and I'm too lazy to do that.)You are just too cool!!! and I had to smile at the pictures cause your kids are so dang cool too!

Joanie said...

Okay, so I see I have a long way to go in the blogging world. I am most impressed by yours. BTW, having traveled with 4 kids, I don't think you get to decompress for another 17 or so years!

It was so good to see you guys in Utah! We miss you.

Kristi said...

Rosanne, WOW what a cool place... I knew you would get a boat after reading this entry... you are good at convincing clay.. can you help me convince Matt or we will just have to go with you! :-)